Friday, August 29, 2014

No, the Sky Is Green... Doh!

We live in a strange world right now. I don’t know when we got here if it was over night but I think it was more of a gradual transformation. We seem to live in a society now where we try to think of nothing as wrong just varying points of view. The idea of one truth has seemed to gotten skewed. Maybe it stems from the fact that no one likes being wrong. I remember when I was little I would be in agony sometimes because I mad a mistake and let my parents down. This week at work I realized I had wronged someone at work. Instead of focusing on love I allowed my weakened spirit think only of myself. I could have easily not even acknowledged it. I could have even waited until I found the person in private and then apologized but instead I sought them out and in front of another admitted my mistake and apologized. They tried to give me an easy out but I wouldn’t have it.

As I tell my children so many times rules are there for a reason. Sometimes its for our sake, sometimes the sake of others, I know that the hardest thing I had to do was to admit my mistakes and ask for forgiveness. See I had been way off the path for a great amount of time. I did a lot of really bad stupid things. When I realized where I was, where I needed to be and why I had to fess up. So I came home to God walking in the door starring at my feet I sat down looked up and started laying it all out everything I was sorry for and asked for forgivness. Its hard to admit we were wrong and I see some defend themselves to no end to avoid admitting it. Whenever faced with the hard reality of sin I first examine it really hard. Why is this wrong? Once I understand it I have an easier time coming to terms with my mistake and asking for forgiveness. God is not cruel. He doesn’t need you to do immensely painful things to make up for your sins. You are his child and like a good parent he just wants to hear you say that you are earnestly sorry and efforts to avoid the same mistake in the future. God loves you and wants you to come home. Waiting with open arms, a warm hug and a understanding smile all you have to do is say you are sorry.

Mark 6:17-29

17For Herod had sent and seized John, and bound him in prison for the sake of Hero'di-as, his brother Philip's wife; because he had married her. 18For John said to Herod, "It is not lawful for you to have your brother's wife." 19And Hero'di-as had a grudge against him, and wanted to kill him. But she could not, 20for Herod feared John, knowing that he was a righteous and holy man, and kept him safe. When he heard him, he was much perplexed; and yet he heard him gladly. 21But an opportunity came when Herod on his birthday gave a banquet for his courtiers and officers and the leading men of Galilee. 22For when Hero'di-as' daughter came in and danced, she pleased Herod and his guests; and the king said to the girl, "Ask me for whatever you wish, and I will grant it." 23And he vowed to her, "Whatever you ask me, I will give you, even half of my kingdom." 24And she went out, and said to her mother, "What shall I ask?" And she said, "The head of John the baptizer." 25And she came in immediately with haste to the king, and asked, saying, "I want you to give me at once the head of John the Baptist on a platter." 26And the king was exceedingly sorry; but because of his oaths and his guests he did not want to break his word to her. 27And immediately the king sent a soldier of the guard and gave orders to bring his head. He went and beheaded him in the prison, 28and brought his head on a platter, and gave it to the girl; and the girl gave it to her mother. 29When his disciples heard of it, they came and took his body, and laid it in a tomb.

No comments:

Post a Comment