Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A Thought: Why I Have A Busted Lip

I get a real kick out of my anger sometimes, oh now mind you in the moment I am really mad but its funny when its all over. Mind you, I am talking of the times of such when something isn’t going my way and I get angry. Its has happened a million times I bet, but something won’t go right, I get mad and then I end up hitting my head on something. I get so focused on my anger and what didn’t go right that I completely stop paying attention to what is going around me. Its sorta like watching the Three Stooges when I get angry. 

But thats a problem today so many are focused on the wrong things. I have seen this happen in cycles for many a person. They will be doing okay and then, when they are confident that everything is fine they slowly start to wander off the path. I have heard many a story about how this person or that person is living their life wrong yet the person speaking to me has their own issues. How many times have we seen the story of the pastor that get caught living an unGodly life? Too many times, but first we need to take pause and realize that as humans we have 2 things. We have free will and we are flawed. Its a sure bet that we are going to make mistakes. As Christians thats part of our duty, we need to stay together as a community and help each other when we get off track. 

God loves us and he knows that we cannot do it alone so he gave us each other. We each have gifts that complement each other to help make the journey to heaven easier. We must be humble though and first focus on our own hearts. For if we focus ourselves our light will shine bright to help lead the way for others. We are like a lamp and if we do not tend to ourselves our light may burn out. Perhaps the glass around our flame may become dirty and hard for others to see. However if we keep the wick trimmed, the oil fueled the glass clean then our light can shine and be a guiding light for others.

Matthew 23:23-26

23"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you tithe mint and dill and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law, justice and mercy and faith; these you ought to have done, without neglecting the others. 24You blind guides, straining out a gnat and swallowing a camel! 25"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you cleanse the outside of the cup and of the plate, but inside they are full of extortion and rapacity. 26You blind Pharisee! first cleanse the inside of the cup and of the plate, that the outside also may be clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment