Thursday, August 21, 2014

A Poem: The New Day

“The New Day”

As the day cracks so do my joints 
Like dry branches on a summer day
Crack, crack, crack slowly I try to align
As the sun slowly pierces my eyelids 
I hear the hum of a new day
The pillow beckons to me
Stay, stay asleep we need you
Sleep, sleep you want to
Again the alarm of agony screams
It's raging tones of hideous nature
Echoing in my ear canal
All is not fair
All is not right 
My sleeping sights and the land of paradise gone
As I rise my feet feet fall beneath me 
As they sway they try to swing back up to comfort
Pushing them down I place them on the ground
Upward I soar so I try at this hour
As a zombie I shuffle to the warm spring of life
To the shower I stumble
As the water rolls over me I feel lady awake at my doorstep
And upstairs I climb again to awaken my family
To them I am the harbinger of bad news
Though predictable each day I catch them off guard
Each day I receive the glare of unconsciousness
Each day I move forward
Each day I love
Each day I try to sing

Sing in the new day that has become  

No comments:

Post a Comment