Tuesday, August 19, 2014

A Poem: "Lost In Pain"

"Lost In Pain"

Blood pulses in my eyes
A sickness rises from my gut
Pain pain pain I'm soaked
My fingers burn
My head's a fire
All in my path
Death death death lays before me
Choke I try
Cut I try
Push push push it away
I am dying
The inside out
I beg beg beg
I try to understand
I have hope
I have love
Down down down I push
Flush away the pain I try
Flush away the hate I try
Try try try to understand
Cry I would but for the pain
Hug I would but for the pain
On the ledge 
At the edge
Looking 
Down down down at the burn
Down down down at the hate
Down down down at the pain
Up I look 
Up I beg
On my knees again
Waiting for the sun
Still I hope
Just for relief
Just a second
Just a thought 
For a moment

To be me again 

No comments:

Post a Comment