Wednesday, August 6, 2014

A Thought: Who We Don’t Know We Know

You never know who you might find yourself talking to. Even if it is someone that we know well we often take them for granted and really don’t know who we know. I work on many things around the house and do lots of odds and in’s. Many times I really have no clue what I am doing and have never done it before, but I observe the situation and figure it out and fix things. I do a lot of fixing. Once one of my boys was complaining about how his remote control helicopter was not working. I too a look at it and it was one of those miniature ones so it was kind of hard to see how it was supposed to work. At one point my son said, “don’t worry about it I guess its just broke”. I was persistent and not only did I fix it but I showed him how it worked and taught him something he did not know. I don’t know why but this look came over his face like I had completely transformed in front of him. Maybe he never really thought I would be able to fix it and I was just a last ditch attempt before he threw it away. Sometimes God shows up in my life like that. He may come in and do the most simple thing but for me it is just amazing cause I was so stuck. I can read the same teachings over and over again and still get something new out of them if I take the time. God loves everyone and wishes us all well. He is there to help us with lessons of life and a shoulder when we need it. He won’t just solve all of our problems for us but like a good father he will teach us to help ourselves. He sent his son with lessons of truth and love. I feel so very grateful everyday for those lessons have made my life oh so fulfilling. Matthew 17:1-9

1And after six days Jesus took with him Peter and James and John his brother, and led them up a high mountain apart. 2And he was transfigured before them, and his face shone like the sun, and his garments became white as light. 3And behold, there appeared to them Moses and Eli'jah, talking with him. 4And Peter said to Jesus, "Lord, it is well that we are here; if you wish, I will make three booths here, one for you and one for Moses and one for Eli'jah." 5He was still speaking, when lo, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him." 6When the disciples heard this, they fell on their faces, and were filled with awe. 7But Jesus came and touched them, saying, "Rise, and have no fear." 8And when they lifted up their eyes, they saw no one but Jesus only. 9And as they were coming down the mountain, Jesus commanded them, "Tell no one the vision, until the Son of man is raised from the dead."

No comments:

Post a Comment