Monday, August 11, 2014

A Thought: Does Your Love Blossom or Wither?

I will have to admit that I am terrible at water skiing. The last time I tried to water ski I couldn’t stay on my feet for longer than 3 seconds. Once I did get going crouched down but as soon as I stood up I fell over. I try and try but to no avail I am terrible at water skiing. Its very frustrating, I work on it everyday and I don’t know what the problem is. Some suggest that it is that I don’t own a pair of ski let alone have a boat or ever get out in the water. 

You can laugh it is meant to be funny, but that’s how I see so many people anymore. They are so frustrated that their lives are as full as they like. Try as they do the relationships that they try and maintain grow harsh and unfulfilling. Its like trying to grow a plant without dirt, let alone water and fertilizer. My first and foremost relationship that I work on is the one I have with God. Why? Because he teaches me how to love. Through loving God, listening to Jesus’s teaching on love and following his commandments I find my other relationships blossom beautifully. Loving is an easy thing to do but not always our first instinct. Loving the way that God wants us too is not always fair, and that can be difficult especially in this day and age. Forgiveness is love, it is rooted out of love. We are all human, we all make mistakes, some of which are very silly or stupid. I have never been forgiven and felt unloved. If you love someone and they make a mistake forgive them. If you don’t that pain will rest inside your heart and it will grow and take over. Before long the list of resentments will slowly overtake love in the garden of your heart and it will be rife with weeds of anger, resentment will start to blossom deceit. In and time when we are told things should be “even” and “fair” God wants us to forgive. Love and wash away the pain that someone brought you. You may feel shortchanged in the short-term  but it if you can truly forgive then you will be healthier in the long run. Let God’s love and ways be your center and you will see your life grow in ways you could have never imagined or you can hold on to anger and keep things fair. God loves you and wants you to be happy and he knows that will blossom out of love. My parents always told me that life is not fair and it is so true. You have to learn to let go though of the unfairness and love otherwise the weight of the resentment will hold you back. You will not grow. You will not be happy and if left unchecked  the root of your life, your heart, will die and wither like a plant taken from the soil of God, the sun of Jesus and the water of the Holy Spirit. God gives us free will. He lets you choose what you want. I ask you, what do you want?

John 15:4-10

4Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. 5I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in me, and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. 6If a man does not abide in me, he is cast forth as a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire and burned. 7If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you. 8By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be my disciples. 9As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you; abide in my love. 10If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment