Monday, August 18, 2014

A Thought: Getting That Cramping Feeling

One thing that I really love is time. I am an artist of sorts and I just love time to think. With time I can create. To a certain degree I am fascinated by time but that is on another level. Right now though I am hitting a rather uncomfortable spot in my life. I am being called to use my time on a bunch of tasks that I wouldn’t normally choose to do and this has eliminated just about all of my free time. Sometimes I will go about my day and feel cramped and uncomfortable. The fact is though people need me and, there are many way worse off. God has no problem pushing us out of our comfort zones to get our attention. In fact he basically demands it. This is where some of my nonbeliever friends would say that makes God unfair or show that he doesn’t care about me, them or you. God wants us to walk away from the demands of our “flesh” or Id.

Id
The id (Latin for "it")[3] is the unorganized part of the personality structure that contains a human's basic, instinctual drives. Id is the only component of personality that is present from birth.[4] It is the source of our bodily needs, wants, desires, and impulses, particularly our sexual and aggressive drives. 

Anyone can take care of themselves for the most part. If we merely wanted to be like animals that is what we would do but God wants us to rise above that he wants us to use our intellect and compassion to help others. If we would all get on board and help our fellow person the we would truly make this world a better place. We as a people could conquer anything. Doing this, to sacrifice our desires for others needs means to love. If you take a look at the ten commandments is all about loving God then each other.

God wants us to love him like a parent wants us to love them. He provided us with life a place to live he provided us with being. He made us out of love. Why I don’t know, perhaps he didn’t want to be alone? Thats going to be one of my top questions when I meet him. 

However loving like God wants us to can be a challenge. Its supposed to be. He didn’t make robots he made us. He wants us to choose. I can make my children do certain things but really I want to teach them and watch them choose to be good people, do good things and help make the world a better place. God is the same way. If I give my son 3 cookies because I think he deserves a treat will I be upset if all of a sudden, 2 other children arrives and he doesn’t share? No, but my heart will glow with pride if he does. Its not about what we have to do, its about what we should do. We could be “selfish” and just take care of our own needs, and I will admit in tough times thats what we have to do sometimes. But to be able to think of others, love others, be on the look out and actively love/help others is truly what God wants. He gave us his son Jesus. He sent him here to teach us to love in the hopes that we would learn, realize and spread the beautiful thing that life can become with God and because of God. 

Matthew 19:16-22
16And behold, one came up to him, saying, "Teacher, what good deed must I do, to have eternal life?" 17And he said to him, "Why do you ask me about what is good? One there is who is good. If you would enter life, keep the commandments." 18He said to him, "Which?" And Jesus said, "You shall not kill, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, 19Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself." 20The young man said to him, "All these I have observed; what do I still lack?" 21Jesus said to him, "If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me." 22When the young man heard this he went away sorrowful; for he had great possessions.



No comments:

Post a Comment