Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A Poem: Upward

"Upward"

Push I do against the rock
The boulder that strains my body
The hill so steep
Is it a mountain?
Into your eyesight look
Will I see recognition?
Will I see anger?
Along the road you travel
I see you fall in pain
By your side I lift you up
I hold you close
Comfort I dispense
Forward you move 
Leaning hard on me 
I feel alone on this mountain
Still pushing on this boulder
Through the valleys of my face
The sweat rushes like a spring rapid
Rough edges dig into my skin
Pierce my flesh
The pain and agony
Still I push you up this hill
From time to time 
You try to roll aside
You try to roll back down
Dig in I do
With all my might
For I don't want you to fall
Alone on this mountain?
Alone in my quest?
Alone with this boulder?
Upwards I beg
I plea for help
For I do not want you to fall
On my back the
Cool touch of a warm hand
A whisper in the wind
"Don't give up"
Again I dig in and dig deep
And again I continue to push 

Upwards

No comments:

Post a Comment