Friday, August 1, 2014

A Thought: What We Choose Not to See

It can be very frustrating being a father. I love my children literally to death. I can’t ever imagine a day before my passing that I will not love them. I try my best every single day to teach them about the world so that they can have a wonderful life and steer clear of the pitfalls. Though being young and stubborn like their father they make some pretty dumb mistakes sometimes, like their father. I get angry but bite my tongue. Some lessons I guess need to be learned first person, or I still have a ways to go teaching my children, probably the latter. Often I speak to them about the world and try and teach them something and many times I get the eye roll look of, “I know I know don’t do that cause it will lead to such and such”. I would imagine that is how God feels sometimes. He knows all the secrets to life. He knows how things will play out even before they begin. He has done his best to teach us. He even sent his son with lessons in person. We are given the Holy Spirit to help guide us on our way, but still we seem to ignore him. Sometimes we don’t think and others we just ignore thinking crazily that this time that thing that never works out will be different. All the while he is right in front of our face lovingly patient waiting to help.

Matthew 13:54-58

54and coming to his own country he taught them in their synagogue, so that they were astonished, and said, "Where did this man get this wisdom and these mighty works? 55Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not his mother called Mary? And are not his brothers James and Joseph and Simon and Judas? 56And are not all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all this?" 57And they took offense at him. But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his own country and in his own house." 58And he did not do many mighty works there, because of their unbelief.

No comments:

Post a Comment