Thursday, August 28, 2014

A Thought: Wait, Wait, Wait, Oops!

Procrastination gets the best of us all at one time or another. For some it becomes a way of life. I can remember a spell when I was in my teens where everything was always done at the last minute. How my grades would have soared if I had put the effort I put into play into them. God wants us to be vigilant. He knows that for us how he acts is very slowly. I can’t really recall much in the bible that happened fast. He knows that our minds wander and we can be easily distracted, but like a good parent he wants us to learn to focus. He wants us to appreciate the longterm goal and how many more goods are raised from being patient over the instant gratification. It can be so difficult in an age of “hustle and bustle” to slow down, unplug, stop, take a big breath and reflect on what our goal is every day. 

God gave us his son who died for our sins and established the Church. It was then given to us through Peter to take care of it. Sometimes I wonder what our review would be if it was given today. I would say that some do really well. Though I myself being in the position I am and talking to the people I see hear something disturbing far too often. Words of, “I stop going to Church cause I was rejected”. When I hear these words I lower my head and I pray for help in Church hoping that no one ever feels that pain again. I was there once myself and I left for quite sometime. For all those that attend, please love. When you see someone new, smile, say hello. The Church is for you but it is for everyone. Christianity is not some exclusive club, it is here for all. 

I realize that men and women are flawed and we make mistakes. I will be the first to admit that I do some pretty stupid things sometimes, but if you are reading this and need a home. Please come home, the Church does want you. Actually, we need you, you have talents from God that are a blessing to this world. I feel so more alive now than I ever have in life. I experience a love that filled that deep dark hole that lay inside me so long ago. God commands us to love one another like we love ourselves and where we can learn that and put it into action is Church and as we strengthen that love we then must take it out into the world to share.

Matthew 24:42-51

42Watch therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. 43But know this, that if the householder had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have watched and would not have let his house be broken into. 44Therefore you also must be ready; for the Son of man is coming at an hour you do not expect. 45"Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom his master has set over his household, to give them their food at the proper time? 46Blessed is that servant whom his master when he comes will find so doing. 47Truly, I say to you, he will set him over all his possessions. 48But if that wicked servant says to himself, `My master is delayed,' 49and begins to beat his fellow servants, and eats and drinks with the drunken, 50the master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know, 51and will punish him, and put him with the hypocrites; there men will weep and gnash their teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment