Wednesday, August 20, 2014

A Poem: Lost In the Desert

“Lost In the Desert”

Blind in the desert thirsty for water 
I hear that you might be in the room
Just a whisper rumor innuendo
I whisper that someone would slap me in the face
Hands bound by the decisions of old
Passerby spits at my shoe
I don't know what I don't know 
And what you know is hid from me
I lay naked in the desert
All my wounds on show
Could you love me could you help me
It's the last call you say its time to go?
Calluses and blisters line my hands 
To touch anything is pain
I would deal with a thousand wounds
Just to know the truth today
Blinded by the fire of your glare 
I hear some footsteps they approach
A gentle touch upon my back
I rise but still no hope
Will you kill me
Will you beat me
I wish that it would just all end
But then a warm embrace occurs
And with knowledge my healing begins
Everything I'm given free 
Why did so many pass by
Why did so many ignore 
Why could no one else try
It's been quite a long journey
And now I have just begun
But now I am fed and watered
I am on the path

To go where I belong 

No comments:

Post a Comment