Friday, August 22, 2014

A Poem: Ashamed

“Ashamed”

Lying on the floor I hold my breath
Waiting as the cool breeze passes over my body
I wait and hold back the rage
Disappointment comes over me 
Sinking in my chest knows my heart 
Tarnished again I just want to fade
I hear the singing in the distance
Notes floating on the air a tear slowly rolls
I feel the pull hooks deep inside of me
Slowly sinking into the dirt I go
Over my finger nails I try to grasp
I try to dig in I want to fight
I reach out into the void
Yearning for the light
Yearning for some hope
All of my world has come crashing down
Slowly a whisper crawls across my lips
Asking for forgiveness I still feel dirty inside
A rain drop of a tear falls into my hand
A warm embrace comes over me

Lifting gently I begin to become whole again 

No comments:

Post a Comment