Friday, October 31, 2014

With a Mouth Full of B&G!


Is there anyone out there on call 24/7? Those that live with that type of career know that it can be a blessing and a curse. It’s nice to know that you are needed but at the same time you can be in the middle of something important and get the call. I remember years ago when I worked a home improvement store I was out on my day off. I was sitting in a restaurant eating breakfast, big ol’ fork of biscuits and gravy in my mouth and someone came up to me and asked, “How do you determine the operation of a sliding glass door?” I was amazed, I would never think of doing such a thing to someone but I cleared my mouth answered the question politely and had a bit of a chuckle with my family. I was happy to help. As Christians we are called to help our fellow man 24/7. Not when we feel like it but at any time. See someone on the side of the road? Stop, hear a bout a fundraiser? Help or donate, you know someone that is going though a tough time? Put in some face time and help them. God is on call 24/7. It may not seem like it cause some of us treat God like a Genie and get upset when he doesn’t do what we want. Usually its cause he gives us what we need instead. Basically God never wants us to be too “anything” to help each other. He even sent his son Jesus as the perfect example. Feeding the hungry, healing the sick and forgiving the sinful, and he wants us to do the same. Now as mere mortals we do not have the power to forgive sins on the behalf of God we can forgive our brothers and sisters that sin against us. More importantly we should ask for forgiveness from those we sin against. God wants us to be happy and humble. For a humble person is more likely to help those in need, and if we were to all help each other when we saw someone in need this world would be a much happier place. 

Luke 14:1-6

1One sabbath when he went to dine at the house of a ruler who belonged to the Pharisees, they were watching him. 2And behold, there was a man before him who had dropsy. 3And Jesus spoke to the lawyers and Pharisees, saying, "Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath, or not?" 4But they were silent. Then he took him and healed him, and let him go. 5And he said to them, "Which of you, having a son or an ox that has fallen into a well, will not immediately pull him out on a sabbath day?" 6And they could not reply to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment