Monday, October 20, 2014

Gimme The Good Stuff, NOW!


Sometimes I find it rather peculiar when some speak about income inequality. I understand the desire to make good money, especially now that I am a parent. I want to make sure that my children have what they need and better than what I had when I was young. Thing is we live in America, we live in a country where we can work for someone else and end up owning our own fortune 500 company. We in america truly have opportunity. The only thing holding us back from what we want is ourselves. With hard work we can achieve anything. To look at others, what they have and “covet” (desire and yearn) for what they have is wrong. There is nothing inappropriate with wanting nice things in life, but to look at someone else and desire what they have is not good. We should learn to be happy with what we have and if we want something to work hard for it. The same is to be said for being greedy. There is nothing wrong with being rich. It is not a sin. Never did God say that being wealthy was wrong. What God doesn’t like is when those with much keep it all for themselves. God calls on all of us to take care of each other. He calls us to take care of the poor, the sick, the lame. Even if we have nothing Jesus taught that we should use our talents that God gave us to help one another. I am a man with no riches but I share my love of God an writing with others. When I have extra I take some of that and give to food drives. I donate blood for the sick. I tithe 10% or as much as I can to help with my Church’s charities. Even when we think we have nothing we have so much. God calls us to share for what is it all worth if we die a rich lonely man while so many are in need. 

Luke 12:13-21

13One of the multitude said to him, "Teacher, bid my brother divide the inheritance with me." 14But he said to him, "Man, who made me a judge or divider over you?" 15And he said to them, "Take heed, and beware of all covetousness; for a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions." 16And he told them a parable, saying, "The land of a rich man brought forth plentifully; 17and he thought to himself, `What shall I do, for I have nowhere to store my crops?' 18And he said, `I will do this: I will pull down my barns, and build larger ones; and there I will store all my grain and my goods. 19And I will say to my soul, Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; take your ease, eat, drink, be merry.' 20But God said to him, `Fool! This night your soul is required of you; and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?' 21So is he who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God."

No comments:

Post a Comment