Monday, October 6, 2014

So Close


With my feet stuck to the ground my hope flies 
So close to the edge of a new understanding
So close to see your happiness
So close, I hope you attain
With my eyes stuck on you the path before you
So close to what you want
So close to learning the way
So close I pray you don't give up
With my arms stuck out wide I wait your return
So close to love
So close to hope 
So close to help when you need it
With my heart stuck out I'm ready for pain
So close to the edge
So close to the choice
So close to falling off the edge
I know that you're not perfect
And neither am I, not even close
I hope and pray you'll do better than I
But if you fall we'll learn together
For you, with you
I pray alone 
That I might see the day
That you will rise 
Much higher than me 
And teach the lesson I've yet to learn 

No comments:

Post a Comment