Thursday, October 9, 2014

How Many Balls Can You Hold?

There are times when we have all been in need and asked for a friends help. I know some of us have great friends, family and neighbors who have helped you in your time of need. I know some have felt the lonely feeling of being rejected. God calls us to virtue of charity, which is when we love God above all things for ourselves and to love our neighbor as ourselves for the love of God. God wants us to love one another and to take care of one another. It’s not enough that we don’t steal, lie, covet property and spouses, that’s important but God wants us to go beyond that. God wants us to love and that means giving our time, talents and money if need be. God is not asking anything that he doesn’t already do. He has the sun rise and I have another day. He gave me that ability to do a hard days work so I can provide for my family. He has given me good health so I and work as well and bear, raise and take care of my children. I have a home filled with what I need and so much more. I live in America where I have the freedom to worship God without having to worry about having my head chopped off. At each and every turn I see blessings from God. He gives so much. My Lord sent his son who was God himself and taught how to love. Jesus taught so much in such a little time. He even established the Church so that we have somewhere worship, learn, give back and have community with one another. Jesus willingly let men of his day arrest, spit on him, beat, whip, mock and eventually kill him. Jesus to the blame for all of our sins. He was the perfect sacrifice from the perfect priest of God to God and was accepted by God. How much more can God give? I know many will say, “I prayed and asked for this or that and I didn’t get what I want.” God will give you want you need, but not always what you want. My children want to play video games and eat candy 24/7, but I don’t let them because I know they need discipline so that they can learn to be healthy and provide for themselves. Do you allow room for God? A wise man once said, “If you are so busy holding all this stuff (material possessions and things other than God that take up your free time) how do you have the ability to receive any blessings from God? Sometimes we have to learn to let go of earthly things to have the ability to receive blessings from God. Trust me, God wants to give. He lives to give and in abundance, but your heart need be prepared. You need to have a relationship with God. He loves you and wants to bless you and spend time with you. He is open to you but are you open to him?

Luke 11:5-13

5And he said to them, "Which of you who has a friend will go to him at midnight and say to him, `Friend, lend me three loaves; 6for a friend of mine has arrived on a journey, and I have nothing to set before him'; 7and he will answer from within, `Do not bother me; the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot get up and give you anything'? 8I tell you, though he will not get up and give him anything because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him whatever he needs. 9And I tell you, Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 10For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 11What father among you, if his son asks for a fish, will instead of a fish give him a serpent; 12or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"

No comments:

Post a Comment