Friday, October 3, 2014

Worse Than Being Stuffed Right In the Face

Rejection is an ugly thing. In general we want to be accepted. We want to grow and do more and be more than we where yesterday. Being rejected can leave a feeling of a hollow hole in your heart and scorn. It can be the root seed of anger, hate and rage. I have never met anyone who was rejected and naturally felt pleasant. It takes a fair amount of grace to be rejected with peace and happiness. Nothing hurts more than when I see one of my children full of tears because someone doesn’t want to share or play a game with them. They want to love and share and instead they get shut out. How many times have we seen people in need and turn a blind eye? People hungry, homeless, lost and tattered have their backs turned on them. They must feel thrown away, unworthy of love. They must feel completely rejected. Spend 5 minutes in any packed store and if with each person you pass make eye contact and smile watch the reaction. Then spend another 5 and walk around looking people in they eye and have a blank face or frown. The differences in reaction are astonishing. With that look we can make our neighbors feel accepted or rejected. With that split second we can foster love, indifference or anger which then multiplies. Love is a wonderful thing, a gift that can heal so much. I watch the news and see all the anger, hate and rage and wonder. I wonder, did we forget who are neighbors are? Did we forget that they are each person we pass? As a father I do all to protect my children. I reach out with love and do my best to make them feel loved, accepted and wanted. Being an artist I am very familiar with rejection, however rejection from one of my children hurts most of all. I loved so much that I created them. I made them and put them into this world cause I could not hold all that love in me, and then to be rejected, it hurts the most of all. God must feel that way. He loves and loves and waits. All he needs to hear is, “I’m sorry” and he will scoop you up into his arms more happy than the acceptance you feel. He sent his son even to teach us how to love and why to love him. Jesus was treated badly but he endured it all to take the blame for our sins because he loved. He loved and wanted and accepted us. He forgave us of our mistakes and did all he could to love and teach us a better way. God is waiting for you right now. When was the last time you spoke to him? It’s never too early or too late in the day. He is always ready. For if we choose to reject God though what can we expect in return. No one likes rejection, and as a father to all God can be hurt just as any one of us. If we accept him we can find our way to heaven. If we reject him we will find ourselves void of him completely. Many take for granted all the love God puts into the world. Living without God completely is Hell. 

Luke 10:13-16

13"Woe to you, Chora'zin! woe to you, Beth-sa'ida! for if the mighty works done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. 14But it shall be more tolerable in the judgment for Tyre and Sidon than for you. 15And you, Caper'na-um, will you be exalted to heaven? You shall be brought down to Hades. 16"He who hears you hears me, and he who rejects you rejects me, and he who rejects me rejects him who sent me."

No comments:

Post a Comment