Wednesday, October 29, 2014

In or Out That Door Gonna Shut!


One thing that I have been trying to teach my children is that if there is something in life that you want then you have to go get it. Rarely do things fall into your lap by chance and circumstance. Often I have seen the phrase “Good Luck = Hard Work”. How these words ring so true. When I was young I had no confidence what so ever, and as a result I never tried for anything. When I did and I was met with words of opposition, I would stop and walk away. I did what I was told and tried to stay out of the way. I was satisfied but never really happy. It wasn’t until my twenties when I got fed up and started going after what I wanted. Now that was a problem, cause it was what I wanted and therefore I made some pretty big mistakes, and went down a long dark road. In my thirties I started to dig myself out. I got back to zero. I paid for all my mistakes and got right with God. Even though I had always believed in God I was “born again” and had a rededication to my faith. I sought knowledge, I prayed more and more in the passing months. I began to study and with God as my leader, Jesus as my teacher and the Holy Spirit as my advisor I began to make decisions but it wasn’t just what I wanted to do. I ran everything by God, “What do you think?” I would often say. Answers didn’t always come as quick as I wanted but they did come in time. Some of the things that I wanted I didn’t get but I am happier for it. The things I have received following Jesus have been more grand, but you have to want God. He is always there waiting, but he wants a dedication to him, a confirmation of faith. He wants you to take the plunge and become baptized in the Holy Spirit. He will wash away everything wrong you have done, and when you make mistakes in the future if you come to God with an honest and mournful heart he will forgive you of your sins when you ask. So many want what God offers, but they don’t want to take the first step. They want God to come all the way to them, but God isn’t a genie you have to make a commitment and meet him half way. This offer doesn’t last forever, you will die one day or this age will come to an end. At that time God will shut the door and the decisions you make will determine whether you are in or out. God will let you do whatever you want. He wants your company but will you come in?

Luke 13:22-30

22He went on his way through towns and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. 23And some one said to him, "Lord, will those who are saved be few?" And he said to them, 24"Strive to enter by the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able. 25When once the householder has risen up and shut the door, you will begin to stand outside and to knock at the door, saying, `Lord, open to us.' He will answer you, `I do not know where you come from.' 26Then you will begin to say, `We ate and drank in your presence, and you taught in our streets.' 27But he will say, `I tell you, I do not know where you come from; depart from me, all you workers of iniquity!' 28There you will weep and gnash your teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God and you yourselves thrust out. 29And men will come from east and west, and from north and south, and sit at table in the kingdom of God. 30And behold, some are last who will be first, and some are first who will be last."

No comments:

Post a Comment