Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Oh, Before You Throw That Thing


Ever have one of those days?  I have, actually I think sometimes that I have my share and a couple of other people’s share too. The days I wake up, loose my glasses, try to get out the door and it takes like an hour cause I keep forgetting things. I’m in a hurry but I need to get gas then I hit all the red lights and all my errands are on opposite sides of town. I get in the store but I left my wallet out in the truck. I get home to realize I didn’t hear my wife right on the cell and I was supposed to bring home lunch, and it just keeps getting better from there. I used to get mad so easily. I would yell and scream and sometimes throw things (and then have to buy new). Prayer comes in so handy. Nothing works better than a little alone time with God. It helps me find clarity when life is confusing. It helps me calm down with life is spinning out of control. Through prayer helps me find answers to problems. When I worry for others I goto prayer and God listens and even sometimes enlightens me on how to help those in need. God is my greatest cheerleader and through prayer he gives me the hope to succeed. Through prayer with God I find my faith strengthened so that I don’t doubt in times of question. I find talking to God through prayer he shows me how my charity can be put into action and where to go to help. Most of all prayer is awesome for asking for forgiveness when I do sin. Confession for me is the most amazing, wonderful, uplifting thing. My favorite place to pray is in my church, but God is everywhere he is at my beckon call 24/7. He doesn’t always do what I want. He says and does what I need. Going to mass I find such peace because it is like one GIANT prayer. I don’t know what I would do without God in my life. I know how it went before. I was lost, constantly trying to feed my needs. I didn’t care about anyone else but myself. I was a slave to vices that I thought defined my life as free. Now I have hope instead of fear. I have faith instead of feeling lost, and I have charity instead of being self-centered. It all started with prayer. God is waiting, he loves you and wants to hear from you. He doesn’t need fancy words. He just wants to hear what is in your heart. He just wants to help you feel whole. He wants you to feel as special as you are. He knows cause he made you. 

Luke 6:12-16

12In these days he went out to the mountain to pray; and all night he continued in prayer to God. 13And when it was day, he called his disciples, and chose from them twelve, whom he named apostles; 14Simon, whom he named Peter, and Andrew his brother, and James and John, and Philip, and Bartholomew, 15and Matthew, and Thomas, and James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon who was called the Zealot, 16and Judas the son of James, and Judas Iscariot, who became a traitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment