Monday, October 13, 2014

Are You Swimming, Treading Water or Drowning?

Sometimes I have felt like I have seen people drowning. I wave and try to get their attention. With all my might I throw a life preserver to them. They look at it and turn away. I’ve tried even swimming out to them, through the rough waters and as I try to put my arms around them they struggle to break free only sinking deeper. Trouble is some people are downing and they don’t even know it. They live a life consumed by things not God. They live a life feeding desires while the people around them are starving. “I don’t need to go to Church”, they say, “I believe in God. I’m all good”. “I’m not going to help those people. They’re dirty and up to no good”, I hear or, “Poor people can’t be helped, they have to get themselves out of it.” I see so many sink deeper and deeper into lives that only live to serve themselves and their desires, but how they moan and cry when they need help, or a shoulder or ear. “People suck!”, I hear, “Church didn’t do nothing for me!” Some seem to think that they don’t need to give back that the world is their servant and so should be God and his people. Sadness falls upon me when I see those that just want to take from the world and not give back. Living in a virtual world of electronic devices when there is so much going on around them every single day. God loves all very much but he is like a parent, he will wait and wait by the door calling out, but when those that never love him back only contact him for help he becomes weary. I have seen Churches rally around those in need. They will do just about anything they can to help those in need, but when they see someone just wanting a freebee, handout or “free stuff” they turn their backs. The Church wishes to spread its word. The people want to help those in need ,but not the ungrateful, not the users. Why some think God is so terrible I don’t understand. I believe a lot of it is ignorance. They do not understand that God is love, not just a bunch of stupid rules by stupid people. They do not understand that the “stupid rules” are there out of love. To keep us away from harm, danger and heartbreak. I encourage all that believe to reach out. To share God’s love and Jesus’s teachings. Even though I find heart break from time to time, it is so wonderful to see someone come home, to see someone lost become found, to see someone drowning take that hand and swim to shore. There is so much waiting. Peace, love and tranquility are past the door we just have to go to Jesus and take him as our savior. 

Luke 11:29-32

29When the crowds were increasing, he began to say, "This generation is an evil generation; it seeks a sign, but no sign shall be given to it except the sign of Jonah. 30For as Jonah became a sign to the men of Nin'eveh, so will the Son of man be to this generation. 31The queen of the South will arise at the judgment with the men of this generation and condemn them; for she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon, and behold, something greater than Solomon is here. 32The men of Nin'eveh will arise at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and behold, something greater than Jonah is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment