Thursday, October 9, 2014

By Your Side


I rise and I am amazed
The gift before encompassed in you
Toiling in work you never stop
No goal no achievement to large
Leading the charge relentless in passion
The path behind you scorned
Yet with each passing step you reach for joy
For my angel was given for protection
You were given to me for nourishment
Grateful and humbled I pass through my day
Well fed well clothed warm in love
My arrival sees smiles and I am welcomed home
In you warm arms I leave again
Through the sting, sweat ache
I long to see you again
My home in my home
Inside your arms can all the pain subside
So each day I move 
And with each breathe
I push to care for you
I push to remove the pain
I push when you fear to fail
I push to boast your accomplishment
I push to teach your value
Hand in hand
And heart in heart
The path that was so lonely

Is not so much so more

No comments:

Post a Comment