Thursday, October 9, 2014

Wanting To Sleep


Tired and weak I hold my head up
Feeling like the grains of sand
Blown so easily by the wind 
Thrown about thrown aside 
Weak and feeling unimportant
Lost in the masses 
Like all the others 
As if I were not unique
Up my eyes stare and I hear the wind calling
I hear the sky calling
I hear my god calling
I want to fade
I want to be unimportant
I want to sleep forever
Where is my time? 
It is passed?
Okay just let me go
As my eyelids slowly slide back down
I feel the pull
I feel the need
With the tide I am taken to sea
And I am taken to see
I travel far and wide
Inside my mind 
Outside the world
I am carried in my weakness
Put on a page
Put in a mind
Trying to help the helper
I am a grain sand
I am a building block
I am a nobody
But with the others I can become more
I can triumph
I can overcome
With the guidance of my lord
I find peace 
I find place
I find home
I find love
And the call of slumber fades
And the energy from the father invigorates
And I rise
And I become
And I journey towards home again


No comments:

Post a Comment