Tuesday, October 7, 2014

An Average Day

An average day
I wake I rise and I plow again
The scenery so beautiful again
The path we'll travel 
Free of rocks and obstruction
Ease of passage is a sunrise
Lost in the familiar
Safe and unchallenged
Plodding head down
All known to well no need for seeing
In this chapter the wounds heal
In this chapter peace reins
In this chapter comfort come all too comfortable
Tend to the weeds
Tend to the path
Tend to the heart and what's in
For day that passes without any tending is day that the end begins
End to the peace 
For the enemy sees chance
End to the harvest 
For the weeds have overgrown
End to the heart
For its cold and now selfish
End to the sunrise
For the darkness of remorse casts it clouds
On the floor 
On my knees 
Swollen and sore
My hands on the floor 
Beaten and bruised
Tore is my heart 
For my loved is in pain
Tore is my peace 
For my complacency
There you stand strong honest and true
There you stand strong waiting for me
There you stand strong
The one truth a true love
There you stand strong forgiving and kind
As my head slowly rises
You smile and stretch your hand
In my direction a grip strong and warm
Slowly you pull me up 
I rise once again
Alone I can't stand
But with you I won't fall

You love and you peace

No comments:

Post a Comment