Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Do You Out In A Speedo?

It always helps to be prepared and ready. Few times I have been a in a  situation, not prepared and been like, “Cool this is great no problem” usually when I am not prepared I am like Ben Stiller in Meet the Parents where he goes over to that guys house and has no swimming suit and everyone is swimming and he ends up wearing a speedo. God wants us to pause to think about the road ahead. While he will get us whatever we need to overcome any obstacle he wants us to keep him front and center. I find the days where I want to smack myself in the head are the ones where I don’t follow his teachings, his rules or advice and do my own thing. Shortly after I get off course is when I fall on my face. Did I have relationship go sour? Then I probably didn’t treat my neighbor as I wanted myself treated. Was I humiliated? Then I probably got caught in a white lie or worse. Am I stressing out? Then I probably am waiting be busted for something I did but shouldn’t have. Have I lost my inner peace and tranquility, then I probably have skated on my prayer time. Do I feel squeamish when I see those in need? Then I probably haven’t been charitable enough. Do I feel like I have a giant hole in my life? Then I probably haven’t let God in and he is missing. Jesus came and gave so many teachings. God has created so much for you and me every single day. The Holy Spirit is with us as a counselor but do we let them in? Do we think we are masters of our own universe? Do we think that everything is because of ourselves? God loves so he created and he wants us to love him back as does any good parent. He wants us to follow his advice, rules and teachings. Not just so that we have better days than without but so that at the end we can share his perfect love up close and personal in heaven. God has given us free will and we can do what we want. Do we want to live with love, around love in peace and harmony for eternity or do we want to live void of love completely? Jesus will arrive one day for each and every one of us and we will be judged by what we have chosen to do. What we have done will determine where we will get to go and experience. The only thing left to ponder is are we taking the road that gets us to where we want to go?

Luke 12:35-38
35"Let your loins be girded and your lamps burning, 36and be like men who are waiting for their master to come home from the marriage feast, so that they may open to him at once when he comes and knocks. 37Blessed are those servants whom the master finds awake when he comes; truly, I say to you, he will gird himself and have them sit at table, and he will come and serve them. 38If he comes in the second watch, or in the third, and finds them so, blessed are those servants!

No comments:

Post a Comment