Thursday, October 23, 2014

In or Out or Are You Giggly Wiggly?

In or Out or Are You Giggly Wiggly?

My faith has taken me to some strange places. Or rather my faith has taken me to some tense situations. I was once a man that played in Heavy Metal bands in bars and clubs. I have seen just about every type of sin and immoral action possible. I have seen people openly wearing clothing that depict ideas and thoughts that make Satan smile. Don’t get me wrong, for all the people that I have met choosing the dark side of life in that scene I have met others that are just plain lost looking for a community and home. Full of hate and rage and angst the heavy metal scene gives them a place they can call home and where they don’t feel out of place. I have always believed in God and originally my plan was to use my love for aggressive music to bring the ideas and teachings of Jesus to the world but surrounded by the counter culture I scummed to the temptations. Luckily I found my way back. I dug myself out of the hole I had put myself in and I started writing about God. Many just scratched their heads. Some felt pity for me because they thought that I was weak to follow God, that I was turning myself into a slave. Even some of my own family members felt put off by my actions. Some were even I think offended that I chose a faith that was different from my upbringing, but this is where I feel at home. Welcome I have found community. God is the way, Jesus is the one truth and the Holy Spirit is a guide and a confidant everyday of my life. Once I was chained to sin. There was never enough Sex, Alcohol or Rock ’n Roll. Instead of seeing the world as a gift to be treasured. I only concerned myself with how I would get what I wanted. While I had friends that I cared for our community only seemed to be concerned with satisfying our desires instead of reaching out and trying to take care of our fellow man. Though God I have gifts that allow me the freedom of self control so that I can lead a balanced life. Though Jesus’s teachings I have learned how to love and give back and fill content and full. I pray each days for those lost. I feel oh so extremely lucky. Are you lost? Are you satisfied? Do you truly feel loved each and everyday? I encourage all to come home. God is waiting. Might you lose some friends and family along the way? Maybe, maybe they will come with you. Maybe they will hate you. Most times they just fade away laughing at you while they figure out where and how to go. But make no mistakes there is a community and your Holy Father waiting for you to come home with open arms. It is a decision well worth making.

Luke 12:49-53

49"I came to cast fire upon the earth; and would that it were already kindled! 50I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how I am constrained until it is accomplished! 51Do you think that I have come to give peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division; 52for henceforth in one house there will be five divided, three against two and two against three; 53they will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against her mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law."

No comments:

Post a Comment