Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Inside My Path


The ground shakes with great force
The metal clanging echoes all around
With each shriek the metal shard dives down my back
Mouth gagged and bound I merely hang
Roaring applause rains in from the crowd
Fists in the air they cock loaded ready to fire
Stones at hand some with knives torches still some others
My eyes are calm
I take the pain
I look into the windows of their minds
They seem to look past me
Their rage glaring past my soul
How many bridges were burnt to flame this fire?
When will it end?
Where will I go?
The road I might not know
I do not care 
For each place I go 
I have a shoulder at my side
I feel the rain or so I think
Yet it feels like more a wave
My eyes focus
And yes I see 
A wave of spit rains down on me
A moment in pain
In a life of faith
And hope knows well my name
A tear it shed 
Though not for me

Cause I don't feel their pain 

No comments:

Post a Comment