Monday, November 3, 2014

Was I Going To Fall On My Face?


Have you ever felt so exhausted that you thought you might just collapse? I try and get up every morning and right now I have a cold, not the flu but a cold and it was working against me this morning. “Give up, give up”, my body kept telling me. All I wanted to do was go back home and curl up in bed. Problem is, life isn’t about me. I have 4 wonderful children and they all depend on me. I have a wonderful wife and she depends on me. I want to be healthy and have a long life so that I can provide for them until my children can be on their own. I want a long and healthy life because I love my wife and I do not want her to feel the abandon of an untimely death. Life is not about me. Seems like right now we live in a time wherever we turn everything is saying, “Take care of #1!” In America we live in a culture that encourages us to consume as much as we can, and if we don’t then we aren’t cool, we a big fat loser. God wants you to look outside of yourself. He knows what happens when everyone searches to only feed their own desires. We become self-centered and concieted. Those in need continue in need because those with extra do not care for their fellow person. God doesn’t want us to give our money in taxes to the government so that we they can care for the poor. God wants you to care for the poor. He wants you to see the humanity there. He wants you to see their faces. He wants you to help PERSONALLY. When we help each other we humble ourselves. Through that humility we can build relationships on love and understanding. Through love and understand we can find true peace and happiness. Happiness is not eating as many cheeseburgers possible, trust me I have tried. Happiness isn’t the nice car or the oversized home. Happiness is love and caring for each other. God doesn’t like clicks, he wants us to be one Church following his son Jesus Christ. God is very wise and I consult him everyday. I beg for his help and for him to share his wisdom. I read the teachings of Jesus and learn how to love. I ask for help from the Holy Spirit in times of trial and to help me stay or the path of righteousness. I am no one special. It is not about me. For me, it is about God and it is about YOU. The happiness and peace I find is unending. I encourage you to come into the fold as well. God loves you and is waiting. He wants to share because for God it’s not about him it’s about YOU. Who are YOU living for?

Luke 14:12-14

12He said also to the man who had invited him, "When you give a dinner or a banquet, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your kinsmen or rich neighbors, lest they also invite you in return, and you be repaid. 13But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind, 14and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. You will be repaid at the resurrection of the just." 

No comments:

Post a Comment