Thursday, November 13, 2014

A Poem: Inside The Bounty


I look and I see no end 
The sky kisses the land
The horizon a beautiful painting
Real life real time real art
The world your canvas
I live in your art
So much you give 
I look and I see no end
My eyes open I see your pallet of color
My lungs open and I breathe life again
Feet on the ground I feel your textures
Some rough some smooth some wet
My hands up arms out finger spread
I feel your breeze
Cool and calming
Unending as your time
So many gifts each and everyday
In my mouth the harvest of your lands
Sweetness of fruit, salt of the earth
Nourishment from the garden
The shapes and colors of you pallet varies
So much to choose from
So good and true
As I work and toil 
I am not alone
The gift of family and friends
Thought, ideas, triumph and sorrows
All together never alone
Overcoming the obstacles
Through charity through love
For my hole brings your fill
Your love fits my void
And then I will turn

And share what I've learned

No comments:

Post a Comment