Monday, November 10, 2014

How Much Love Can You Handle?

How Much Love Can You Handle?

I without a doubt love few things more than my children. The only two things that I can think of are God and my wife. Other than that nothing comes above my children. Funny thing is though is that those two would want me to do anything for my children to keep them safe. I know some may be appalled that I hold my God and my wife above my children but they are the foundation on how I decide to treat my children and how I raise them. I keep a watchful eye and I try and keep away all those that would possibly bring them harm or take them down the wrong path. God is the same way. We are his children and he loves us all. He wants us to take care of each other. He wants us to influence each other for good not evil. God knows that we are flawed though. He gave us free will to choose or refuse, and when we make mistakes he will forgive without pause. We have to ask for forgiveness though. We must repent for our mistakes. God calls on us to do the same for those that wrong us. We are to love all at all times. We are to forgive, because forgiving is love. Just as someone who comes to God with an honest and truly sorrowful heart will be forgiven, so must we forgive those that ask for forgiveness. When we truly forgive, not only do we help mend that who has done wrong, but also we heal a part of our own heart that is hurt from being wronged. It’s not always easy to do. Many times I have been scorned by my fellow brother or sister and I have had to goto God. I ask him in prayer, “God please help me forgive. I don’t want to feel this anger or pain.” It takes time and reflection and prayer but God helps me through just like with everything else. To keep my days clear I am always looking at my heart and the actions of others. If I can help or advise I do. I pray daily to confer with God on things. Daily I try and spend time reading his son’s teachings to “stay in the zone” and to become stronger. I ask for the Holy Spirit to be with me always to direct me at times when I am weak. For not only do I love my children and I love all. I do not want to see anyone fall nor lead any one too. We are all children of God there for God loves us all and wants us all to keep each other safe and in love. How much more can you love today?

Luke 17:1-6

1And he said to his disciples, "Temptations to sin are sure to come; but woe to him by whom they come! 2It would be better for him if a millstone were hung round his neck and he were cast into the sea, than that he should cause one of these little ones to sin. 3Take heed to yourselves; if your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him; 4and if he sins against you seven times in the day, and turns to you seven times, and says, `I repent,' you must forgive him." 5The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!" 6And the Lord said, "If you had faith as a grain of mustard seed, you could say to this sycamine tree, `Be rooted up, and be planted in the sea,' and it would obey you.

No comments:

Post a Comment