Monday, November 17, 2014

Pay It Forward or Pay Your Pocket?


One thing that I have learned from life is that if you want something you need to go get it. Life is about actions. We are what we do. God is no different he judges us by our actions. I have spoke to many a person that has told me, "All you need is faith to get into the kingdom of heaven." Yes, you need faith but I ask what kind of faith do you have it is not followed by good works. God knows that this world works best when we serve not ourselves but our fellow man. To have compassion and commit acts of charity and kindness for those less fortunate than ourselves is truly Christian. I see "non-christians" everyday committing acts of charity. When we care for strangers out of the goodness of our hearts we sew love into this world,and as the famous saying goes, you reap what you sew. Do some acts go unnoticed? Yes, and they should. We shouldn't do charity for any kind of recognition or fame. We should do it out of love. Love means giving without expecting anything in return. We should do it out of love and appreciation for what we have. Out of thankfulness for God and all of his gifts, and we should be charitable to those less fortunate out of love because we are all brothers and sisters in this world. God has bestowed so many blessings, the first of which is, that he gave us life. He didn't have to but he did because he is filled with love and wanted to share life. He loves us so that the sent his son to teach us how to love. Jesus loved us so much that he share lessons of life to help keep us safe with each other. Jesus even died on the cross for us. A most terrible death he endured for us because of our sins. If we let him God will travel with us every day in the Holy Spirit and aid us at every turn. I know for some time is short or money may be little, but if you can take 5 minutes a day and pray for those in need. You can take a dollar and buy one extra can of food to drop in a donation basket. Charity is like a muscle and the more you use it the stronger you will become with it. If you are lost and don't know where to begin, do not fear, pause and pray God will show you how you can help others. He loves you. Ponder this though, if you refuse to help others, who might help you in your time of need?


Matthew 25:31-40

31"When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, 33and he will place the sheep at his right hand, but the goats at the left. 34Then the King will say to those at his right hand, `Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; 35for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.' 37Then the righteous will answer him, `Lord, when did we see thee hungry and feed thee, or thirsty and give thee drink? 38And when did we see thee a stranger and welcome thee, or naked and clothe thee? 39And when did we see thee sick or in prison and visit thee?' 40And the King will answer them, `Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.'

No comments:

Post a Comment