Thursday, November 13, 2014

You want your desert but are you ready for it?




My little boy loves desert. He has learned that while his mother makes wonderful food the real treat comes after the meal. It took him a bit but he would see his older brothers wander off to the kitchen after eating and then they would come out with the really good stuff. It wasn't before long he started wandering into the kitchen after dinner himself to see how it worked and what was going on. The kingdom of God is kind of like that. When I was young I would go to church, it was okay but I was too young to really understand all that it had to offer. As far as I was concerned it was just another place to learn like school and I hated school. As I got older and was out on my own I had an appreciation for God but not for church, and over time temptation won out. I thought that I was living the good life and that I was closely connected with God but I was actually drifting further and further away. The longer I was away from church the further I drifted until my faith was a mere shadow of what it once was.  After completely bottoming out I would see so many happy people on Sunday. I worked at a restaurant and I would see all these happy people coming in after church. I began to think like my little boy that I was missing out on something. I prayed and I prayed hard. I asked God to help me find my way back. I was not back in an instant either, it took time. Now I enjoy peace, love and serenity that I have never experienced before. Even when thing are at there worst now I am still happier than my happiest days when I was lost. There are many I know that want that peace but they don't want to "eat their vegetables". They want the peace but think that God is,"just a bunch of rules." Those rules keep you safe. Those rules help you respect yourself and others. God will return one day. The question is have you done your part? What kind of life would God find you living if he came for a visit, right now today? Have you kept your soul healthy? Is your faith strong? Do you practice good woks to do so, or do you merely skate by? Life can in in an instant and no one has the ability to predict Christ's return. Jesus has already done all the hard work. He let himself be captured, mocked, spit on, beat and nailed to a cross till death. He has taken the blame for all your sins but have to accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior. You have to become baptized in the Holy Spirit. You must confirm your faith to him and with this you will receive the gifts of grace and all the blessing that God has to offer. Question is, are you ready for God's just deserts?



Luke 17:20-25

20Being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God was coming, he answered them, "The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed; 21nor will they say, `Lo, here it is!' or `There!' for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you." 22And he said to the disciples, "The days are coming when you will desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and you will not see it. 23And they will say to you, `Lo, there!' or `Lo, here!' Do not go, do not follow them. 24For as the lightning flashes and lights up the sky from one side to the other, so will the Son of man be in his day. 25But first he must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment