Saturday, November 22, 2014

Do you want to be a part of a family?


Being a musician I am also a collector. I have collected many guitars and other instruments over the years. Many think that I have e done this with great folly but in pursuit of the music in my head I have amassed quite an arsenal. I have no favorite though. They can each do different things and help me create different moods. My children are the same. They are each different and therefore each is special. I love no one more than the other, no matter how hard any of them seem to try drive me crazy. God is the same way. He has no favorites, he loves us all. We are all made different to do different thing for him, with him. Like our own children we have free will given to us and it is our decision wether or not we want to follow Gods commandments, Jesus's teachings the urgings of the Holy Spirit. Jesus wants us all in or all out. He doesn't care for fair-weather followers, and so he is the same. He put it all on the line. He taught and loved with all his being. He called out those in power, and those hypocritical. He challenged the power structure of the Jews at the time (Sadducees and Pharisees). He taught till he was arrested, beat, spit upon, and mocked. He was given many chances to defend himself, but he remained dedicated to his mission. Finally he was forced to carry the instrument of his death across town while mocked all the more, and where he was nailed to the cross and left to hang until he died. He did this for you, I and every single soul that would ever be. He died for me just as I would surely die for my children if need be. To God we are all family. The question is, do you want to be a part of a family?


Matthew 12:46-50

46While he was still speaking to the people, behold, his mother and his brothers stood outside, asking to speak to him. 48But he replied to the man who told him, "Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?" 49And stretching out his hand toward his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers! 50For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother, and sister, and mother."

No comments:

Post a Comment