Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Do You Feel Like You Are Sinking in a Crowd?


Have you ever been around someone that created a vacuum in the room. It's almost as if the entire mood will change when they are around. I knew someone like that in school. They just seemed to have "it". They were kind and inspiring and even if you were having a bad day it didn't seem so bad when they were around. Jesus definitely seemed to have that going on every where he went drew crowds. I love my relationship with God.  I am far from perfect but the more I put in the more I get out of it. When I am in the zone and in a state of sanctifying grace I feel like nothing can go wrong and if it does I can handle it with ease. Sanctifying Grace is a special gift from God that you can receive but like all gifts you must take care of it or you can loose it. At baptism you get a wonderful dose, and it is why many feel a buzz like feeling about them afterward. But as grace is so wonderful, sin is it's counter. It's why  I try to be vigilant to follow God's teachings, not for his sake but for mine. Confessing my sins on a regular basis is a great way to stay in check. For it helps me remain mindful of my thoughts and actions, and after confessing it helps me stay on track. Another great way to stay on track after I have confessed my sins is by taking part in communion. Receiving Christ's body and blood strengthens my bond, gives me grace and a blessing. The more I commune and spend time in communion with God the stronger my faith and relationship is. The stronger my relationship is, the more I can handle. The more temptation I can dispel and avoid with God's help the better I feel. For if my faith is weak then it is easier to fall into sin and sink. I don't want to be anyone special. I just want to be the best version of myself that I possibly can, and I can only get there with God 's help. I don't want to be the center of a crowd. I'll let Jesus take that spot. I have seen far too many fall in the spotlight. Thinking that they are great because of themselves, they they build a life on sand and wash away. I encourage you to build a life on some thing strong and true. God is a rock that makes for a good platform to build a life upon. He waits for you always. He will help you when you begin to sink, or if you have already fallen hard. There is room for all in the house of God. It never gets crowded. He is waiting for you. He loves you. All you have to do is reach out. 

Matthew 14:22-33

22Then he made the disciples get into the boat and go before him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowds. 23And after he had dismissed the crowds, he went up on the mountain by himself to pray. When evening came, he was there alone, 24but the boat by this time was many furlongs distant from the land, beaten by the waves; for the wind was against them. 25And in the fourth watch of the night he came to them, walking on the sea. 26But when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were terrified, saying, "It is a ghost!" And they cried out for fear. 27But immediately he spoke to them, saying, "Take heart, it is I; have no fear." 28And Peter answered him, "Lord, if it is you, bid me come to you on the water." 29He said, "Come." So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus; 30but when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, "Lord, save me." 31Jesus immediately reached out his hand and caught him, saying to him, "O man of little faith, why did you doubt?" 32And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased. 33And those in the boat worshiped him, saying, "Truly you are the Son of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment