Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Yes, I am Part of the 99%

Yes, I am Part of the 99%

I would say that I am part of the 99%. If you ask parents 99% of them will tell you that they will do just about anything for any one of their children. I am not a rich, smart or talented man but my wife and I make sure that our children have the best food we can get them, the warmest clothes to wear and the safest home to live in. When they work hard, meet and exceed expectations we give them the best gifts that we can afford. We want them to have better than we did, be smarter than we were and grow to be stronger than we are now. We do this because of love. All that we ask is that they abide by the rules of our house and we do our best to teach them to be the people they can be. God is the same. He is the parent of all and he has so many gifts to offer. He only asks that we love him and follow his two rules which all 10 commandments were built upon. Love the Lord your God with all your mind, body and soul and love everyone around you as you love yourself. God even sent his only son to teach us how to love and who even took the blame for all of our sins because of his love for us. He sends the Holy Spirit to help guide us through our days. All we have to do is believe and accept. When we accept him and partake in his sacraments we receive grace and gifts that help us to even achieve more, more than we could ever achieve by ourselves. But do we accept him? Do you accept God? Are you willing to let him into your life so that he can love you and share with you what he has to offer. Little is more heartbreaking for a parent than to see one of their children turn away from them and never come back. The pain a parent feels when a child refuses the love and knowledge of their parents is pure agony. To see a child make mistakes and feel pain because they refuse the knowledge of their parents is horrendous for a parent. We worry and lecture and even sometimes scream to get through to our children. To try and keep our children from making the same mistakes that the parents have so they don’t have to feel the same pain because as parents we love. Many times what children see as a parents anger is actually a parents fear. And like a good parent God is waiting and hoping that his lost children will come home so that he can share with them. Because God loves us and he doesn’t want us to feel needless pain, but it’s a two way street. We have to turn around and accept him. Are you ready to come home to God?

John 6:37-40

37All that the Father gives me will come to me; and him who comes to me I will not cast out. 38For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me; 39and this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up at the last day. 40For this is the will of my Father, that every one who sees the Son and believes in him should have eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day."

No comments:

Post a Comment