Friday, September 26, 2014

Who am I and Who are You?


It took me a long time to figure out who I am. I felt so lost for so long. Make no mistake I knew what I did. And much can be told of a man by what he does. However I was wandering the world aimlessly walking and dealing day by day. It important to know who you are. To find what your purpose is. For if you know who you are you have insight to where you are going, what your call is. Sometimes I think I was just a wandering soul lost with no purpose. For a time I thought I was a musician, a writer but I was just babbling about things that were off the top of my head. Now I have purpose I have vision. I know who I am. I am a sinner trying to sin no more raising children to love, forgive ,work hard and respect. I am someone who toils when it is necessary to feed as many as I can but also who sits, prays and meditates to become better than I was yesterday. I am a Christian who tries to love God with all this heart, mind and soul and tries to love others and when I fall short I ask for forgiveness and try again. I know that Jesus is the son of God. I know this from studying the Bible and through that, my human reason and the gift of faith I believe it to be true. I believe in Jesus because I study his teachings and put them into practice. I have reaped the rewards of my stewardship. I have found peace and love. I have found happiness and community with others and him. I believe that there is a God. For when I open my eyes for the day and see the sky that rains and shines to grow the earth; which yields plants for me to eat and provide oxogen to breath; which gives home to all the creatures of the world I see purpose. I see the design of something beautiful and with each layer I pull back looking inward or outward I see purpose. I see hope and beauty and wonder. With sciences discoveries I do not find doubt, I see my creators ways. In times of conflict, pain and persecution I pray and ask for help and I feel the presence sometime of the Holy Spirit come upon me and aid me in my travels. I am no one special. I am just a soul on a mission to put as much love into the world as possible and to share where that comes from. Its important to know who you are and to know the people around you. I hope you know that Jesus is the son of God. If not encourage you to look with and find out with me. For he is and he is wonderful. The lessons to learn are unending and so is the peace and happiness that awaits, and so I ask, who are you?

Luke 9:18-22

18Now it happened that as he was praying alone the disciples were with him; and he asked them, "Who do the people say that I am?" 19And they answered, "John the Baptist; but others say, Eli'jah; and others, that one of the old prophets has risen." 20And he said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" And Peter answered, "The Christ of God." 21But he charged and commanded them to tell this to no one, 22saying, "The Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and on the third day be raised." 

No comments:

Post a Comment