Tuesday, September 2, 2014

A Poem: Clouds


"Clouds

I sit here and I wonder 
My mind in the grey
Eyes on the clouds
Is that where dreams are held?
Drifting as they do
Are the lost on on a mission?
So many clouds I see down here
Passing the sun
Some rain the tears of pain
Others just rumble about
Trying to hold them
Trying to hug
Trying to help them rise once again
In the sky where clouds belong
My feet so heavy 
Like anchors of a ship
Grounded to the rock
Its weight heavy and sound
I do not wish to fly
Tempted by days past by
I wonder I pause then forward
Screaming the pain in my throat rips
Piercing tears into my own ears
Clouds keep falling off the cliff
Over the edge falling into the pit
Am I not worthy?
Is my love to little for some time?
Am I a lonely grain of sand on the beach?
Looking at the masses 
They all look just like me
I do not want to fly
Nor do I want to leave
Can I just be me?
The inside of me 
What I see
Or do I need to learn to fly? 
Like the clouds
Mystery is the answer
So I wait
So I hope
So I pray

Again

No comments:

Post a Comment