Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The Call of the Cheeseburger!


Sometimes I get this major feeling to stuff like 50 cheeseburgers down my throat. There were days past when after a hard days work I would want to drink a 12 pack, just to get warmed up. I hear cohorts at work many times throughout the day speaking about wanting to hook up with this guy or that girl for seductive pleasures. Human is 2 parts. We have a physical body or “flesh” that desires. We also have a soul which makes us spiritual. Unlike animals though we have free will and reason that allow us to make decisions and choices. Jesus wants us to rise above feeding that flesh or filling that empty hole with earthly desires. He wants us to love. He wants us to reach for something higher. We were made out of love and God wants that back just like a good parent. Everyday and everything is a gift. He wants to see our acknowledgement, love and appreciation. He wants us to take care of this planet through love for each other. Jesus taught us to give up our desires for something higher, better.

Luke 9:23-26
23And he said to all, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. 24For whoever would save his life will lose it; and whoever loses his life for my sake, he will save it. 25For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or forfeits himself? 26For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, of him will the Son of man be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.


No comments:

Post a Comment