Wednesday, September 3, 2014

A Thought: Bursting At the Seams!

I read today of some of the large families that exist and I wonder how they do it. I have 4 children and I feel rather taxed. It takes a large amount of grace to make it through the day. Everyday I arise and pray to God. I thank him for all that I have and that he gives. I ask for his help each day. God is here to love all and through us and our work we can help spread his word. When we proclaim we are Christians we are watched very closely. We get held to a higher standard. While being Christians make us no more special or right than anyone else people expect more from us. I urge all to take pause in times of stress to ensure that we stay on a Christian path. In times of ease and smooth sailing I urge all to take time each day and reflect to make sure we don’t get cocky and wander off the path. God has come to all and he wants our help to make sure all receive and understand his word. It is a word of caring and love. We all are human and with the free will that God gave us we have the opportunity to make mistakes. It is with God that we can stay on a path that is righteous and loving.

Being a Christian is like being is a special club though many do not realize it. We have benefits and privileges and with that comes responsibility. I urge all to take the title Christian with special care. I am having a wonderful year in my garden this year but if I do not attend to it will merely become a patch of weeds. I have to tend to it daily. Pick the fruits of the garden before they spoil. Week after week weeds try to invade and it is my responsibility to keep them at bay. If I do decide to take the responsibility and tend accordingly the benefits can be overwhelming. Its not easy, like I have said before. God don’t like lazy. He wants us to earn our fruits. For nothing earned really has any value it is an empty gift. And Heaven and all its glory is something well worth working for.

Luke 4:38-44

38And he arose and left the synagogue, and entered Simon's house. Now Simon's mother-in-law was ill with a high fever, and they besought him for her. 39And he stood over her and rebuked the fever, and it left her; and immediately she rose and served them. 40Now when the sun was setting, all those who had any that were sick with various diseases brought them to him; and he laid his hands on every one of them and healed them. 41And demons also came out of many, crying, "You are the Son of God!" But he rebuked them, and would not allow them to speak, because they knew that he was the Christ. 42And when it was day he departed and went into a lonely place. And the people sought him and came to him, and would have kept him from leaving them; 43but he said to them, "I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other cities also; for I was sent for this purpose." 44And he was preaching in the synagogues of Judea.

No comments:

Post a Comment