Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Mad As A Slave

It can be very hard to battle the truth when it sits right in front of your face. I have a trouble with anger. Its something that I have spent a lot of time dealing with through prayer and meditation. When the truth used to present itself to me and show me that I was wrong in something I would work very hard to defend myself. The thing is, there is nothing wrong with being wrong. We are flawed and have free will it is inevitable that we will make mistakes. I once was told that the best way to face my shortcomings was to pray to Jesus first thing in the morning and envision him in front of me. I was told to ask for his help that he be a witness to me that day to help me stay on the right track. I even pray to the Saints and Mary from time to time and ask them to put in a good word for me and for their help as well. Do I still get mad? Yes, but I find now that as soon as I do I remember my goal and my requests in prayer. I feel Jesus there with me shaking his head with a smile on his face reminding me of how to act and what to do. 

God sent Jesus not to remind us of his desire for harsh rule. He sent Jesus to teach us the love inside his lessons and rules. God doesn’t just make up rules to be like a dictator. He does it out of love because he wants to see us successful and happy. True evil reviles love and hates it for it conquers what evil is trying to do. God is pure true love and evil wants to see the fall of that. Evil will try and trick you into thinking you are getting what you want and deserve and are better off, and then enslave you because enough is never enough. Love teaches that sacrifice is more fulfilling and rewarding and creates a better place. How the world could shine if we would all love each other as we do ourselves.

Luke 4:31-37

31And he went down to Caper'na-um, a city of Galilee. And he was teaching them on the sabbath; 32and they were astonished at his teaching, for his word was with authority. 33And in the synagogue there was a man who had the spirit of an unclean demon; and he cried out with a loud voice, 34"Ah! What have you to do with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are, the Holy One of God." 35But Jesus rebuked him, saying, "Be silent, and come out of him!" And when the demon had thrown him down in the midst, he came out of him, having done him no harm. 36And they were all amazed and said to one another, "What is this word? For with authority and power he commands the unclean spirits, and they come out." 37And reports of him went out into every place in the surrounding region.

No comments:

Post a Comment