Monday, September 8, 2014

A Poem: Jewels

"Jewels"

Round and round I go
So much my head begins to spin
Looking for an anchor
Looking for my home
So many ideas pepper the land of my mind
They shine like jewels so precious
Which to choose
Which to grab
My arms so full already
As I pass through the hills and valleys
Up the grade and down the slope
My arms begin to wear
Soar and stiffness sets in
Sweat rolls like the falls in paradise
To the plains I reach 
A sigh of relief comes over me
But the sun shines bright and bother my eyes
I cannot shade them
My arms so full
Hard to see squinting in pain
The temperature drops
The sun fades behind the clouds
And the thunder begins to clap
I hurry my pace to nowhere
Sting my arms cling to those jewels
The wind it hammers
Hardly can my feet stay beneath me
The rain sheets down
Soaked I weigh twice as much
Hurry hurry I run to nowhere
The path now rocky
I try to navigate
But I fall
All is out of my arm
All on the ground now dirty some broken
Release from my body
The stress the strain
Only one of the jewels now shine
Simple and small it calls to me
I pick it up and move forward
My burden light
My hope full
Easy I shall move
The storm has lifted 
Now I can see
I unencumbered 
I move forward and can see

Home

No comments:

Post a Comment