Friday, September 5, 2014

A Poem: Mother

"Mother"

How can I understand you
All around it is hard to see
Where is the end or beginning
In each day like each breath
You rest right before my lips
Holding off the walls that fall
Protection is my aim
A shield with I cover
With my hands I try to hold all the pain
Water pulls the sand 
And so it tries to erode
Though I stand strong
In each days long
Sometimes I sorrow for fault
My metal weak for time distraction
And you deserve so much better
As the sun should rise high in the sky
So should you
A North Star for many
Guiding without asking 
She leads the lost and keeping them safe
The pit of hunger aches 
And the found trembles with disarray
Yet you fill the hole and stand last in line
Through the chaos of the storm
With debris thrown all over
You walk the aftermath
And regain order once again
The ground again seen
Order again returns
All by you loving hands
Giants may tower
The seas may be vast
The stars in the sky so endless
However this may be
You are more great
You hold much more
And love farther than it may be
I know your head may hang
And wonder where to go
But know that you are not over looked 

And we are glad that you make this home 

No comments:

Post a Comment