Monday, September 22, 2014

Where is That Whisper Coming From?

Sometimes life can be a real beating. I am not going to lie, I going through what seems something like that right now. These are the crucial times. This is when you can be really susceptible to making bad decisions. The times of trial are the ones in which you can fall, hard. You’ll be told, “Hey you work so hard and they don’t appreciate you. Come on treat yourself you deserve it. Just take a little vacation.” You can but where will you be? So many times I have made the wrong decisions. I have gone with the easy out. I have given up. Did I feel good? Was I justified? Did I feel whole? Giving into sin is a deal with the Devil. Lets make that clear, you may want to dance around and justify your actions but sin is sin and its still wrong. Believe it or not this is the time when your faith can strengthen. Anyone can be your friend on good days but its the bad ones when friends really count. God has never let me down. He’s always hung in there with me in good times and in bad, and just because I can mess up and he will forgive me don’t mean that I should test his friendship and do whatever I want. Being a Christian people are always watching you. They think, “Oh thats how Christians act eh?” Thing is am I acting like a Christian should? God has given me some great gifts. I could walk away and focus on the “me” but then I risk letting those gifts sour. I risk letting that light burn out, and in the darkness the light is what keeps me on the right safe path. I know that some will think I am pretty stupid but I will pray, I will hold with my faith. I will stay strong and endure. I will thank God everyday for what I have and what I am. And I will see the momentarily stress and strain fade. I am no nobody special its not me I need to focus on right now is the “we”. For I know often what I learn on the journey far outshines the potholes in the road and the grace I receive makes me stronger.

Luke 8:16-18

16"No one after lighting a lamp covers it with a vessel, or puts it under a bed, but puts it on a stand, that those who enter may see the light. 17For nothing is hid that shall not be made manifest, nor anything secret that shall not be known and come to light. 18Take heed then how you hear; for to him who has will more be given, and from him who has not, even what he thinks that he has will be taken away."

No comments:

Post a Comment