Friday, September 26, 2014

A Poem: My Child

My Child

The sky is wide and clear
My mind full of hope for your days
While you frowns are a pause
Your smile is with me all days
I see the possibilities
I see the fruitful fields
I see strength inside each day
Like an artisan molds clay
I too take great care
Each pass each spin
Each line cut
I do my best to bring out your beauty
Your base I toil to make strong
To suffer any storm
I build upon a warm strong core
I support the heart inside
With careful words I reinforce
The teachings that are right
I've never been a perfect man
I know I never will
I rely on what I learn each day
To help you grow with what's right
My hands are old and fragile
Though know that I take care
And when I do misstep
I take corrective care
With water, time, and knowledge
I will re-sculpt again
I try my best to correct
Imperfections in your will
Forgive me you deserve better
You are so great indeed
I can only hope 
Through you I keep learning
One day you'll walk away
And I'll become to tired
Please help me in those days
To not forget all that I aspired
I only mean you love 
For each and every day
For I am so grateful

God let me share your days

No comments:

Post a Comment