Wednesday, September 3, 2014

A Poem: My Workday

"My Workday"

Rising like s slumbering giant
A new challenge lays before me
A path once golden is grown over
Gone are the street signs that lead the way
With my blade n my hand I swing
Vegetation falls which I bundle for fire
Swinging the sweat begins to flow
The more I swing the more I see to do
Hours upon hours pass
Where is the end
I don't even see the beginning
To the heavens my neck arches
Eyes closed I whisper
"Help, me do for you"
I hear no answer 
Only the lonely whisper dances past my ear
My head sinks with my heart
Head lowered to the ground
I slowly open my eyes
A gift appears
A glimmer in the corner
A bit of the path has been cleared without notice
My heart swells
The aches of my muscles fade
Again I swing again
With all my might
With all my strength 
Each breath breathes out praise
"Thank you oh thank you"
"Your will be mine"
"Thank you oh thank you"
"Forgive me when I'm blind"
Each swing reveals more of the path
My energy is not mine
I know not from where it come
Each day I so return
Some lay idle by
They say I work too much 
That I should just recline
When I do the path it gets grown over
Longer it takes to clear again
Focusing hard I stay to task
So not to stray again

Sometimes as I break on midday

No comments:

Post a Comment