Tuesday, September 23, 2014

A Poem: Pondering the Pain

"Pondering the Pain"

Alone I hear the screams 
Anguish, fear and pain
Blood flows all too freely
And yet I hear nothing
The breeze flows uninterrupted over the plain
Murmurs and laughter pepper the air of slaughter
Where is the rage?
Where is the disgust?
And yet another nude is held high
With my head low I retreat
Into my mind where I find solace
I find calm and I regroup
Many times will I walk the path
Many times will I wonder
How to stop the hate
Why and where it comes from
Circles are burnt into the pastures of my mind
Packing over and over again
The earth shown 
Rocks now dust from the constant travel
I ask, I beg
I pray for resolve
I could fall
I could hate
I could turn as cold as a stone
But the path that leads is empty
It never fills
And it allows blood to flow too freely
Like precious seeds parachuting through the air
I search for resolution
I await for my descend
I await my new surroundings
Will I nestle in a rich soil
Or shall I land among the thorns of man
I ask for help
To be strong
To rise up
I will throw my branches to the sun
I will shelter those that need shade
I will hold the lost 
Make a home
Or a place of rest

For the rage of man is temporary

No comments:

Post a Comment