Thursday, September 4, 2014

A Poem: In Search of...

"In Search of..."

My mind denies my wishes
My body is not far behind
The weight of the waiting is pulling me under
Don't, wait, you'll fail is the call
The words echoes down the hall
My feet drag and my mind wanders
And the light that leads begins to dim
Where and how I do not know
I want out the box its shrinking
Less and less I can do
Mocking me the bad decisions of past
The chuckling makes my skin crawl
A cold hard breeze rakes my skin
The hairs of my body stands on end
Deaths bones rattle in the background
Where am I?
Where am I going?
What do I need to do?
Fearing death I look over my back
No longer no can I see the light before me
My gut begins to turn
Rising up my throat the chunky sickness boils
I collapse and my knees crush to the ground
Skinned and bruised my blood trickles on the ground
As is pools out of me so does my hope
My head sinks and my hands run through my hair
Gripping tightly I want it all out
My hair, my thoughts, my pain
Slowly desperation pulls my head back
Waiting for the blade to cut I weep 
Tears roll out and I start to rise
"Please", is all I can say
Please
Please
Please
And slowly it comes
The idea 
The thought
Away are the grey clouds cast
Again the sun begins to shine
It not mine 
I don't own it
But take the gift
And begin 

Marching again

No comments:

Post a Comment