Thursday, September 4, 2014

Fat Dumb Know It All?

I never thought I would be here. Many years ago I got a call from God and I decided to let it goto voicemail, as it were. For selfish reasons I turned my head and then my back and started down a path that took me into a dark lonely forest. At the time it seemed like a good idea. I was chasing the wrong passion for the wrong reasons. When I realized my mistakes and what I should do I would have be happy just to live a solitary life learning and studying and working charity. Now I have 4 children and a wife that depend heavily on me. I teach nearly every minute of everyday and that is not even how I make money but it is my career. I am happy making no money from it. I am humble and happy to do what I can and to find new ways to help God month after month. The rewards from giving myself to God are not measurable. I have never found so much happiness and peace in my life ever.

God knows all, he gave us free will, a wonderful intellect and a desire to do better than yesterday. Unfortunately many use these gifts to forward our selfish ways, and upon our success we think that we are “Masters of the Universe”. We given the opportunity far to many times look inward to ourselves. We think that we are wise and great and wonderful for conquering achievements, but God wants us to look out. He wants us to see the many that are hungry, unclothed, homeless and lost. He wants us to look to him. He wants us to love and forgive and to not hold prejudice. God wants us to love him and show thanks, learn from Jesus’s teachings on how to love and forgive and then focus outward and bring everyone else in to learn so they are no longer alone. You may think that you are not worth of this task but you are. And if you think that you are above it that someone else should do it instead then I caution you. No one is above loving their fellow person. Everyone is called to help and love. All you have and all you are is because of God. Ebenezer Scrooge or Mother Teresa do you want to be?

Luke 5:1-11

1While the people pressed upon him to hear the word of God, he was standing by the lake of Gennes'aret. 2And he saw two boats by the lake; but the fishermen had gone out of them and were washing their nets. 3Getting into one of the boats, which was Simon's, he asked him to put out a little from the land. And he sat down and taught the people from the boat. 4And when he had ceased speaking, he said to Simon, "Put out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch." 5And Simon answered, "Master, we toiled all night and took nothing! But at your word I will let down the nets." 6And when they had done this, they enclosed a great shoal of fish; and as their nets were breaking, 7they beckoned to their partners in the other boat to come and help them. And they came and filled both the boats, so that they began to sink. 8But when Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, "Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, O Lord." 9For he was astonished, and all that were with him, at the catch of fish which they had taken; 10and so also were James and John, sons of Zeb'edee, who were partners with Simon. And Jesus said to Simon, "Do not be afraid; henceforth you will be catching men." 11And when they had brought their boats to land, they left everything and followed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment