Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Crooning Bout the Sidestep

I remember one day I was at work and I was having a terrible day. Everything was going wrong and I was completely stressed out. I hated my job. I did it cause it provided for my family but everyday I would dream of doing something else. I always thought I would get to work for God by for him songs and get to support my family do so also. It hasn’t worked out. I chuckle and it's okay. This one night in particular though I started to pray, I was begging actually. “God, I hate it here I wish I could just work for you”, I said. Flash forward I get a call, “Hey Michael just wanted to see if you wanted to teach CCD again this year?”. My gut reaction, no. I have a family of 4 and an old house I am trying to fix up and a job that can be demanding in certain ways and this and that. My mind was focused on what I wanted and what I was trying to do. I don’t know why but I said yes. My tone must have be something other than thrilled cause I was asked again, “Are your sure?” I replied yes, and the next day as I was trying to figure out how to get out of it popped in my head. “You did ask to work for God (me) didn’t you?”, and I was like, “YEAH BUT NOT LIKE THAT!” God can see what we need and what is better for us than our wants. Maybe I’ll still get where I want to go but this is the path I need to take. I trust in God. I try to learn from Jesus everyday. I will confess I have been bit by the bug. I was a worthless sinner doing all kinds of stupid stuff. Feeding my ego relentlessly for quite sometime and I was completely unhappy. So I started studying, learning and growing. I found that giving myself out of love like God requests was very fulfilling. So now I teach. Am I the best? Nope, I don’t even teach every Sunday. I am lucky that I get to work with one of my heroes this year. So while I am teachings a bit I am learning way more. So out I go, everyday I walk out into the world with my little book and a heart full of hope. I pause and listen hard. I pray several times a day and listen. I share as much as I can when I can and I listen. I am no one but a sinner asking for forgiveness and trying to help make the world just a little bit better than yesterday. Not by my means but by Gods through the teachings of Jesus and with a little help from the Holy Spirit.

Luke 9:1-6

1And he called the twelve together and gave them power and authority over all demons and to cure diseases, 2and he sent them out to preach the kingdom of God and to heal. 3And he said to them, "Take nothing for your journey, no staff, nor bag, nor bread, nor money; and do not have two tunics. 4And whatever house you enter, stay there, and from there depart. 5And wherever they do not receive you, when you leave that town shake off the dust from your feet as a testimony against them." 6And they departed and went through the villages, preaching the gospel and healing everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment