Saturday, November 2, 2013

Being Ready

I am not always ready. It took me a bit of time to figure out growing up that being ready and on time was important. Or rather, learning the importance of those values took some time. Now that I know being ready and on time is important it is still a challenge with my lovely 4 month old, 4 soon-to-be 5 yr old and the learning-the-importance-of-looking-good-and-smelling-good 11yr old.

However something somewhat new to me is the fact of being ready for the unknown. Being ready for tragedy small or large and then ready on how to deal with it. I pray everyday and ask for safety and security and to have the wisdom to make wise and righteous choices. I thank for what I have and even for the blessings that I have and are unaware of.

Prayers are always answered, I know that there may be some out there that disagree. Some may ask for things in prayer and not receive what they want. That doesn't mean that their prayer hasn't been answered. Yes is an answer and No is an answer. I find that I have to be prepared for both outcomes in my praying life. There have been times in my life when I have gotten down on my knees and begged for things and have not had them given to me. In times like these when I am left wandering in my wondering I reflect on my children. Since I am a child of god I think of how I treat my own children. That in of itself can be a very good learning experience on how to be a good parent. But more over, do I respond like my 4yr old when he asks for endless hours of video games? Do I throw myself on the floor wailing like the end of the world has come. Or do I act patient ready to learn what is in store. What is there to be had in the absence of what I wanted. Some say when one door closes another opens. That is so true.

So anymore when something unpleasant happens or I fear something unpleasant happens I do not pray for it so much to go away but I pray for guidance through it and keep my eyes open to see what new thing I may meet or see or learn. For while my life may seem rather large at times I must remember that being part of a world called earth it is actually small, and that it is important to see the macro view of the world rather than focusing on the micro world that is me and my experiences. Its sort of like a jigsaw puzzle that God is making. My small piece may have odd ugly edges which by itself does not look beautiful at all but by accepting what God sets before and acting in a proper way my small piece of a life can be placed into a puzzle that makes a beautiful scene that God is creating.

John 11: 17 - 27
17Now when Jesus came, he found that Laz'arus had already been in the tomb four days.
18Bethany was near Jerusalem, about two miles off,
19and many of the Jews had come to Martha and Mary to console them concerning their brother.
20When Martha heard that Jesus was coming, she went and met him, while Mary sat in the house.
21Martha said to Jesus, "Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died.
22And even now I know that whatever you ask from God, God will give you."
23Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again."
24Martha said to him, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day."
25Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live,
26and whoever lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?"
27She said to him, "Yes, Lord; I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, he who is coming into the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment