Monday, November 25, 2013

The Alternative Music Scene Influence: It's Not Too Late

Listen to "It's Not Too Late"

I have always loved music, all of it, really. I know that there are many people out there that say they like everything and when you start to ask they really only like a couple of genres. While I have always liked a variety of music I really got into wanting to play music when "Alternative Rock Music"became big in the 90's. Wether it was Nirvana's pounding drums, the Screaming Trees vocals, the murky bass lines of Alice in Chains or the Guitars of Soundgarden I loved it all. Decoding the lyrics of rage, love or something in between all seemed to be linked to how I was feeling at the time.

"Its Not Too Late" has a lot of the sounds that I came to love in alternative music. Its a love song sorta basically saying "Hey, I know I am a real jerk sometimes and I know you know it and I don't want to be anymore so will you please hang in there while I try to be a better person". Yeah cause what girl can't wait to hang around while her troubled artistic partner tries to figure things out.

Sometimes you just have to walk away and let go to save yourself, but if there is enough there that you can hold on to because the situation isn't too band then hey its worth it. I have met my fair share of interesting ladies that I have tried to hang in there for. Luckily in the end I figured out the hard stuff and have found someone that is willing to deal with my baggage and I theirs.

So this is a glass half full type of song. You can always be negative, its an easy way to go but also a bummer. I am a Christian and I am taught to forgive and forget. To move forward and to love. That doesn't give anyone license to treat anyone terribly but compassion is key as long as it is not taken advantage of. For we are all too precious a gift in life to be taken advantage of.

Romans 12:9

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

1 Peter 4:8

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment